SENDCo (0.6FTE)/Teacher (0.4FTE)
Applications are invited for the position of SENDCo at Stowford School. The successful candidate will be an exceptional qualified teacher with experience and hold or be willing to obtain the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination within three years of taking up the post. The post will have a 0.6FTE SENDCo commitment and 0.4FTE cover teaching commitment
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Put provision in place to ensure that progress of pupils with SEND improves relative to those without SEND.
- Ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP).
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEND pupils.
- Support the development of SEND provision within the school.
- Monitor progress towards targets for pupils with SEND.
- Analyse and interpret relevant school, local and national data.
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision.
Please complete an application form with a supporting statement which summarises your experience to date and how you meet the person specification and send it by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms can be downloaded below.
Completed applications must be received by 9am on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 24 May.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the school to see us in action please contact Sue Williams, Headteacher via the school office, 01752 894163.