Ethos and Values
Respect – Excellence – Friendship
We seek to enable every child to develop into a happy, enthusiastic and responsible member of the community. We provide a stable, secure and disciplined environment where academic, creative, personal and social potential can be achieved by every child and a love of learning can be harnessed. We share a relentless pursuit of respect, excellence and friendship.
We aim to help our children, with the cooperation of their parents, to:
- Develop into happy and confident individuals with a life long love of learning.
- Develop lively, enquiring minds through knowledge with understanding.
- Act responsibly, display initiative, being considerate to themselves and others.
- Value and understand a range of religious, cultural and moral beliefs and develop a respect for the views of others.
- Develop a sense of awe and wonder about the world around them.
- Appreciate achievements and the aspirations of themselves and others.
- Understand something of the world in which we live with regard for our mutual dependence on others as individuals, groups and nations.
We will do this by providing:
- A stable, secure, disciplined and supportive environment with clear expectations for good behaviour and a culture of mutual respect.
- A creative and enriched curriculum promoting equal opportunities and high standards of achievement.
- Strong links between home and school, the local community and beyond developing friendships and a sense of shared responsibility.
- Whole school and individual staff development to promote the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- A forward looking innovative school setting with a relentless drive for excellence.
We also aim to:
- Contribute to raising national standards in education through sharing good practice with other schools and developing leaders for the future.
- Taking leading role in national initiatives.