Welcome to Curlews Class!
This half term our topic is called ‘Ancient Egyptians.’
We will be learning all about the fascinating life of pharaohs! We will also be designing and building our own canopic jars and creating detailed sketches of monuments and landmarks that were built thousands of years ago.
In English, we will be writing historical fiction, exploring and describing the mesmerising landscape of Ancient Egypt and the mysteries within.
In Science and Art, we will be learning about human impact on the environment and considering how our local environment is changing over time. Furthermore, we will look at the contrast of Ancient Egypt and how their community, dynasties and lifestyle changed under the rule of different pharaohs and empires.
- PE is taught on a Thursday afternoon.
- Swimming is taught at the leisure centre on a Tuesday afternoon.
- Homework is set on Wednesday and is collected in the following Monday.
- Spellings are set on a Monday and we do our test a week later.
- Times Tables are tested on a Wednesday.