Safeguarding and e-safety
Safeguarding & Child Protection
All staff receive appropriate training at regular intervals. We have excellent recruitment procedures; every member of staff has full checks as do visitors, regular volunteers, supply teachers and governors. We have policies and practices that focus on ensuring the health and well-being of the children, for example: risk assessments before every class trip, an annual safety check of our playground, a medicines in school policy.
We have well-established ways of monitoring and responding to incidents of concern, for example: unexplained absences, difficult behaviour and significant changes in physical or emotional appearance. The ethos of the school is open so that staff, parents and children feel able to share concerns. Parents who volunteer on a regular basis (at least once a week) will be asked to undertake full DBS checks.
How can parents help with keeping children safe?
- Make sure all addresses and contact numbers are up to date
- If someone different is picking your child up, please let us know
- Be at school on time every day at 8.45 am and 3.15/20 pm
- Notify the school about your child’s absence – unexplained absences are a key trigger for concern;
- Take full note of the advice to parents if you are accompanying a class trip and ensure that you attend the briefing meeting
- Share any concerns you may have about another child with a member of staff or one of the designated child protection team
Child Protection Team:
Senior Designated Person: Mrs Sue Williams (Headteacher)
Deputy Senior Designated Person: Mrs Suzanne Fitzpatrick (Pupil Premium Support Worker)
Mrs Nicki Harvey (Nursery)
Mrs Michelle Wark (Nursery)
All Child Protection staff can be contacted via the school office: 01752 894163
Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Tel: 0345 155 1071
Devon Safeguarding Children Board: http://www.devonsafeguardingchildren.org/
At Stowford, we take the eSafety of our young people very seriously and aim to deliver a high quality curriculum which will equip them with the skills and the integrity needed to stay safe online in the modern world. If you have any questions or require any further support please see your child's class teacher, Mr Green our computing lead or any of the safeguarding officers.
Please click on the links below for further information: